Holland Pump Company’s commitment to keeping everyone healthy and safe during this challenging time
West Palm Beach, FL, August 25, 2020 – Holland Pump Company remains focused on protecting the safety of its employees, their families, and our customers. We are committed to keeping our operations running safely. Our approach and decisions are based on advice and information from reliable sources such as the World Health Organization, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and government agencies. Our employees and customers are at the heart of everything we do, so we are actively listening and responding to the shifting nature of this in each of the areas where we are based. We have no doubt the situation will continue to change.
Since the emergence of COVID-19, Holland Pump has carried out a series of actions to mitigate the impact on employees and their families, as well as with our customers.
On a weekly basis, Holland Pump´s CEO, Win Blodgett has shared official reports and videos with updates on the status of COVID-19 in the country and worldwide with all employees. This action emerged proactively and became an awareness program, which includes additional information on how to prevent the spread of the disease.
Our health and safety department immediately determined actions to be implemented in all of our units through the following contingency plan:
- Facial covering: Required for all employees. Masks were sent to all offices for use by all employees.
- Temperature screening: Every day all employees are scanned and those with a temperature above 100.4 will be referred to medical care and will not be able to work until cleared by a physician.
- Clean hands often: The habit of washing hands frequently and the use of hand sanitizers are encouraged during routine tasks.
- Sanitization: All employees are involved in the sanitization of all frequently touched areas, this includes all offices, vehicles, and equipment.
- Physical distancing: The distance of 6 feet is encouraged between all employees and customers.
- Daily meetings: All managers, without exception, participate daily in virtual meetings with the CEO to update the situation of each branch.
- Employees with cases of COVID-19 in the family are immediately asked to stay home for at least 14 days and only return to work after testing negative twice.
- Home-office: Administrative employees may choose to work from home to limit exposure to COVID-19, especially to those who, due to the current situation, need to be at home to care for their children.
- Survey: A survey was conducted internally with employees to verify the level of understanding about the situation and the actions implemented by the company.
“Overall, I am really happy with the way our team has performed over the past 4 months. We have been proactive and I think for the most part ahead of many companies” said Win Blodgett, CEO of Holland Pump Company.
Despite the challenge imposed by the pandemic, the company remains firm, resilient, and optimistic. Proof of this is the company conducting various internal training courses for personal development and coaching for managers. This “new normal”, allows our teams to communicate more than ever using the most diverse digital platforms. We firmly believe that all of this will pass, and we continue with our promise to help our customers “Finish Faster”, with the best equipment, service, and above all, a team committed to health and safety.
About Holland Pump Company
For over 40 years, Holland Pump has been a leader in the manufacture, sale, distribution, rental, and service of specialty pumps and dewatering solutions. With a relentless focus on customer service and enabling its customers to complete their projects faster and with less hassle, Holland Pump has gained a reputation for its expertise in the southern United States. From their headquarters in West Palm Beach, Holland Pump operates 8 branch operations across Florida, South Carolina, and Louisiana.
Visit www.hollandpump.com to learn more about the company and our rental promise.